The Blaca desert is situated on the south side of the island of Brač, between Bol and Milna. It was founded in the 16th century when the Glagolitic polish priests came here. The fugitive priests found their shelter in a stone-framed cave. They were first involved in treating the country they lived from, and in time they were given permission to build the monastery and the church. The first cave was first added to basic facilities such as basement, kitchen and various stoves. The church was built in 1588, and later a monastery was built. Along with agricultural production, primarily wine and honey, the priests also engaged in the printing of books and astronomy, there was a far-reaching observatory in the desert. As agriculture has gone well, they have been the strongest businessmen on the island for a long time, and the priests have developed good trades over time. Therefore, it is not surprising that they owned even three merchant sailing ships.
- Island Brač - Vidova Gora price on request
Take a walk through the beautiful scenery of island Brač and visit the monastery in Blaca
Transfer from any point on the island to Vidova Gora (30 minute walk to the monastery)
Transfer back to the starting point
Get In touch
Address: Selca, Brač